VEHICLE TRACKING SYSTEM SOFTWARE
Last few years have seen the technological upgrade in many aspects in automobile sector. Now a vehicle is not just a medium to travel from one location to another but it is much more than that. The advancement of technology has strong focus on comfort, safety and security in passenger vehicles while that in utility vehicles it has been more about safety and security. Vehicle tracking system software has got its popularity in both the segment, that is Passenger as well as commercial.
A vehicle tracking system software is a software that collects the data using the GPS navigation of the vehicle attached to it, to present the vehicle location and other vital statistics on the movement of the vehicle. There are certain industries such as logistics for which the usage of this GPS Tracking system is just like oxygen. Vehicle Tracking System Software helps to minimize the logistics cost as well as augment the efficiency of the operations.
Let us understand how Vehicle Tracking System Software helps the industry
- Reduction in Micro management: Till few years ago, the logistics arm of any bigger manufacturing unit was very complicated and micro managed by the ground staffs at various location to send out dynamic directions to the driver of the vehicle carrying the goods. Now the practice is almost redundant as the driver is more empowered and has more knowledge feeds about the movements of the driven vehicle.
- Less burden on Operations team on reporting: A traditional logistics set up which lacks the Vehicle Tracking System Software has burden not only to get the periodical update from driver of the vehicle but also reporting to their customers. The usage of GPS Tracking software eliminates this part completely as the customer can themselves track the vehicle at any moment they want.
- More Accountability: Vehicle Tracking System Software increases the efficiency of the commercial fleet through navigation. The crew knows they might be under surveillance so their accountability increases towards the assigned job.
- Cost Reduction: Standard researches shows that the vehicular movement monitoring through GPS tracking system amounts in reduction of the fuel cost by 10-15% as the drivers engage in more disciplined driving behavior as well as precise guidance of the route by vehicle tracking system software.
- Conflict Management: It is well known that the logistics department of yesteryears have been often engaged in conflict with the crew and customers regarding the fleet movement and location. The usage of vehicle tracking system software has almost done away the conflict by projecting the real time data on vehicle location and movement.
Therefore, the usage of the Vehicle System Software sees a multi-dimensional benefit to the logistics department of the companies as well as reduces burden on the operations team. The efficiency and cost reduction add to the bottom-line of the company and thus enhances the performance.
Leave a Reply